4 x LP gatefold / 350gsm outer - Hand drawn illustrations - 26 track compilation *** 500 COPIES ONLY ***
Record/Vinyl + Digital Album
** BONUS TRACK AVAILABLE ONLY ON VINYL - Christoph De Babalon – Broken Land **
• 'BANDCAMP' - Albums of 2018 @ #71
• “A work of pure desolation, an echo from a point of no return” - Pitchfork
• Features 26 original tracks from the cream of the leftfield electronic music scene to include - artists such as Lanark Artefax, Pan Daijing, Gazelle Twin, and Fever Ray co-producer Peder Mannerfelt.
• Features the apocalyptic artwork of Rotterdam-based artist Jazz Szu-Ying Chen.
• “Few record labels would be able to draw a line so ably between Otto Lindholm, Tomoko Sauvage, Peter Van Hoesen and Ian William Craig,” – Resident Advisor
Includes unlimited streaming of In Death's Dream Kingdom
via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
"Eliot’s poems have been a source of inspiration for me for many years: I keep coming back to his work again and again, and each time a new layer reveals itself. Parts of Rat’s coat were based on a multichannel piece that incorporated spoken excerpts from “Hollow Men“.
This piece is an attempt at incorporating some of the spatial and emotional aspects of that multichannel piece in a stereo-environment.
One of the many striking features of the poem is the contrast between the perception of the outside world in the poem (smeared, distant) and the hyper-sensitive, almost tactile description of the narrator’s most intimate mental images. It is this contrast that I have attempted to sonify in Rat’s coat." ~ Koenraad Ecker